This is the eighth month of the year but looking at the Nigerian entertainment industry from the stance of a critic, 2016 will end on a high and here’s why – the figures have been astronomical and the international recognition major. Simple.
The growth is visible, almost palpable. It’s a testament to the talent and growth laden in the field. We are gradually getting there, the PR and media cultures are advancing and the effects of these helping the musicians build a proper star power down there.
Over the last three years, as with their international counterparts, the local musicians have grown into the game some more. There is more flavor, more social media presence, more hit songs and a better fashion influence among other things.
We make it easy here by selecting 30 of the biggest, era-defining songs of the last four years that have made the Nigerian music industry what it is today.
In no particular order, See the List below:-
1. Ghost Mode by Phyno featuring Olamide
2. Skelewu by Davido
3. Surulere by Dr Sid featuring Don Jazzy
4. Eminado by Tiwa Savage
5. Kukere by Iyanya
6. Aboki by Ice Prince
7. Johnny by Yemi Alade
8. Reggae Blues by Harrysong featuring Kcee, Olamide, Iyanya and Orezi
9. Gallardo by Runtown featuring Davido
10. Oliver Twist by Dbanj
11. Like To Party by Burna Boy
12. Collabo by P-Square featuring Don Jazzy
13. Sho Lee by Sean Tizzle
14. Alubarika by Patoranking featuring Timaya
15. Soke by Burna
16. Your Waist by Iyanya
17. Ojuelegba by Wizkid
18. Godwin by Korede Bello
19. Tesojue by Reminisce
20. Aye by Davido
21. Soldier by Falz featuring Simi
22. Wash by Tekno
23. Efejoku by Lil Kesh featuring Viktoh
24. Shoki remix by Lil Kesh featuring Olamide, Davido
25. Lagos Boys by Olamide
26. King Kong remix by Vector featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq and Uzi
27. Fada Fada by Phyno featuring Olamide
28. Jagaban remix by Ycee featuring Olamide
29. Shake Body by Skales
30. Man Of The Year by Phyno featuring Olamide
Which Song do you think is big enough to be on this List that you can’t find?
Drop your Comments.